I can’t believe I’ve been doing this for half a year. Thanks for reading. 🙂 Short one tonight as I have guests staying!
1. Auction Against Hunger was a brilliant night and, of course, the most delicious thing was Rav’s burnt caramel ice cream topped with Pump Street Chocolate magic and homemage daim bar. 😉 I also really loved Lyle‘s onion fritters.
2. On Monday I had dinner with Felicity at Neo Bistro. It’s smack in the tourist zone off Oxford Circus but it is turning out thoughtful and flavourful dishes. Along the lines of Picture Restaurant, there are set menus only and just a few options at each course but it’s very reasonably priced for the skill. It’s hard to choose a favourite course but trying pine shoots for the first time (to my knowledge!) was totally mind-expanding. They were made into a dressing for grilled lettuce with lovage and hazelnuts.
3. On Friday night I ate sweetcorn “ribs” at Arch Rivals – with a spiced mayonnaise. A really interesting way of serving them.
4. Back to one of my favourites, Buhler and Co in Walthamstow, for brunch. The sweet potato gado gado was as good as their previous version and the pain perdu was made from the fluffiest brioche.
5. Tonight for dinner with friends beautiful food at Morito in Hackney Road. The highlight was the deep fried aubergine chips with a pomegranate molasses. So soft inside and that slightly sour, rich and sweet sauce was stunning.
Tomorrow my oven arrives! I’m getting a Stoves Range oven and I CANNOT WAIT. The kitchen is almost done. I’m bouncing with anticipation.
We have had two spots become available for next Sunday’s brunch with Georgina Hayden.
Also, Chocolate Week starts in two weeks! 😀