Finishing on Friday this week because I went exploring in Oxfordshire on the weekend and that needs a post all to itself!
1. The Portuguese pastel de nata (custard tart) from The Lockdown Bakehouse is one of the best I’ve had. (Other great ones in London can be found at Patisserie Lisboa in W10 and at Santa Nata in Covent Garden.)
2. An enjoyable vegan banana bread eaten toasted for breakfast from The Rugged Bunch on City Road.
3. Plantbased cakes cooked by Bettina Campolucci Bordi for her Retreat Chef’s academy where I teach a course on chocolate.
4. The launch of Chestnut Bakery where the standout was the Lemon Meringue Croissant (press invite).
5. Their seeded crackers were very good, too.