This needed a post of its own:
Rise Bakehouse in Reading are known for their cruffins but we were too late. Instead, I loved:
- The best cheese scone I’ve ever had.
- A very commendably vegan pain au chocolat.
- A beautiful peach custard Danish.
- A kouign amman
Orange Bakery in Wadlington:
I bought so many things but of the things I tried on the day, I especially loved:
- The potato and rosemary focaccia
- An apple and custard bun with the softest crumb.
Tutu Delicious in Wadlington a cute little chocolate shop.
- The matcha tea chocolates surprised me as being my favourite.
Barefoot Coffee and Cake in Oxford (too early for famous doughnuts)
- A fantastic and beautiful blackberry cupcake
- A gorgeous chocolate and orange brownie
- Very good coffee
- A sticky hazelnut Scnadi-style bun
- The best chocolate torte made with hazelnuts and Pump Street Chocolate.
Green Routes (100% plantbased café) for breakfast
- Excellent savoury dishes the Forager’s Breakfast and The Big Green