It’s a long list this week. I got around!
- The first thing I ate this week was a Grapefruit and Tarragon caramel from Niko B Chocolates that I bought at Victoria Park Market
- I also broke into this pralilne bar from Pierre Marcolini
- Academy of Chocolate judging filled chocolates – including the final which included a phenomenal “Dze” Georgian chocolate with pomegranate molasses, walnuts and khmeli-suneli (yeah, me either: here’s an explanation and the ingredients) from La Carambole. I was also really impressed by Rita’s Wabi Sabi chocolate, the chewy caramel from Creo Chocolates and the classic truffle by Eponine.
- I also really enjoyed the Fenaroli Pecorino Superiore red wine served after judging the Academy of Chocolates final.
- The fantastic wild-farmed peanut and Original Beans chocolate cookie from Layla Bakery in W10 (gifted this time, though I’ve bought it before and will again).
- The best chocolate éclair in London from Le Choux in Ladbroke Grove. Also a huge fan of her choux buns. You can see from my face here how much I love it!
- A very fudgy gluten-free chocolate cake from Chez Antoinette
- A banana and chocolate custardy pastry swirl from Royal Artisan Bakery (by St James’ Station). More like what you’d get from a corner boulangerie in France than some of the fancier bakeries in town, but delicious, nonetheless.
- Horlicks Ice Cream from Bao London. I didn’t love the deep fried bao it was sandwiched between, but the ice cream was perfection.