Bear with me, there’s a LONG list here. That’s what happens when you visit festivals and shows with food producers!
It was also the week of the November Mystery Chocolate Tasting!
- I loved ALL of Mikkel Friis-Holm’s chocolates he provided for this month’s tasting but I think my favourite was the sloe gin, or possibly the rose and geranium. I don’t normally (actually, would never) choose a fondant-filled chocolate, but these were outstanding, sufficiently sharp to counteract the sugar and balanced perfectly with the La Dalia 70% shells.
Highlights from The Restaurant & Takeaway Innovation Expo:
- Karak and Pink Chai in a tetrapak, ready to drink. The pink was made with green tea and chemistry made it naturally pink! Quite sweet but interesting and probably good for cafes, very traditional taste.
- Edible cocktail decorations from Ediblis
- Mellos honey-based mixers/soft drinks
- Plum Gin Liqueur from Gordon Castle
- Honeybell rum
- Roasted Apple Moonshine from O’Donnells
- Drink JinJin
- Two Brooks alcoholic sparkling water (hard water) – the best I’ve tried in the category
- Heura – fascinating fake chicken
- The meat-free options from Meatless Farm
- The alcohol-free beer from UNLTD
- The alcohol-free gin and rum from Strykk
Highlights from Balance Festival
- Moringa tea from Life of a Tree
- Sweet’n’heat nuts from Karen’s Nuts – real sugar, great nuts, great spice
- Sunhini – tahini but with sunflower seeds. I liked the pumpkin spice version.
- Oh My Gum! Best plastic-free gum I’ve tried.
- Exalt Cherry Bomb energy juice-based drink. Didn’t love the others which contained stevia but I’m hyper sensitive to it, they’d be good for people who aren’t. This cherry one is great for anyone!
- Vegan hot dog from Beyond Meat
- Gusto flavoured apple crisps – I especially loved the mango and pineapple experiment
- Turmermic tea (golden mylk) from Mumbai Railway Chai was fantastic, so was the chai
- Flor de Madre ginger and lemon infusion and Agua de Madre delicious water kefirs. I love that the infusion was a way to use up waste.